Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Smell Like Cake

Earlier this evening, I helped my roommate take his Christmas tree out to be disposed of. I should say, that thing hadn't been given water in a month (at least) and was the greatest fire hazard I have ever personally come into contact with. Probably. It weighed about two pounds it was so dry. It was like gasoline mixed with kerosene.

Anyways. In removing the tree, I predictably got sap on my hands. Not much. Just enough to prove an annoyance. I tried washing my hands with soap and that did not do the trick. I went to my google machine and found that one good way to remove sap from skin is Pam cooking spray. 

I trudged upstairs and looked in the pantry for some Pam. I found some Pam, but it was Pam "Baking" spray. Apparently there is a difference. The only difference I could tell was that the stuff smells like a baking cake. Like, it is uncanny. It smells like a cake is in the oven. The smell is really fucking intoxicating. So I spray the Pam Baking Spray on my hands and rub it all around. I then clean my hands with handsoap. It worked like a charm except for two small side effects:

1) My hands still feel slightly greasy after 3 hand washings. 
2) My hands smell exactly like a baked cake. Again, even after 3 hand washings.

I am not kidding. They smell fantastic. Unless you don't like the smell of a baking cake, in which case you might as well kill yourself because you are incapable of enjoying the great things in life.

The thought occurred to me that this could be either the greatest OR WORST diet tool ever created. It depends on your reaction, I guess. If the smell of a baking cake satisfies your sweet tooth, it would be fantastic in helping you lose weight by suppressing your appetite. On the other hand, if the smell of a baking cake makes you crave a cake so badly that you actually make and consume a cake, well, I guess it'd be pretty fucking worthless.


No comments: