Tuesday, April 14, 2009

By Making it to 27 Full Years, Here Are Some People Who I Outlived

  • Joe C - Yes, Kid Rock's midget sidekick did not make it to 27.
  • Baby Huey - I included this one because I call Hewitt "Baby Huey" and I had no idea the name came from a singer. I even saw Baby Huey at Church on Easter Sunday and called out BABY HUEY before stumbling over people to say hi.
  • Otis Redding - Wow. He was only 26? I think he is the quintessential Old Soul. I would have guessed he was at least 45, based on his voice/lyrics.
  • Jean Harlow - One of the original starlets. Only 26? These comments are getting repetitive... what else is there to say?
  • Big Bopper - The day...the music...died...
  • Nick Drake
  • Gram Parsons - The Byrds and The Flying Burrito Brothers? This is only rivaled by Ryan West's resume of No Game and Shadaloo.
  • Sharon Tate - I am glad Charles Manson could make my list, in his own way.  Sharon Tate... so hot. Usually.
  • Brian Piccolo - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • John Wilkes Booth - haha. My favorite name on the list by far. Also, this is funny because Lincoln died on my birthday. Spooky.

I have mixed feelings about this list. On the one hand, it's nice to know that I lived longer than all of these people and I hopefully have a long life ahead of me to continue to do something with myself. On the other hand, most of those people accomplished so much (I stress "most" - Joe C, I am looking at you) - we have actresses, musicians, assassins - in less time than I have basically done a lot of not much.

Hopefully my next 27 years will be more productive than the first 27 years. Hey... maybe someday, I'll even make a list just like this.




Special Thanks to JoJo and http://dead.atyourage.com/outlived

2 comments:

Nob Hill Forreal said...

a couple thoughts...

first, the expected life span of most those people was a lot shorter than yours is, so 27 for John Wilkes Booth was like, 57...or something, anyways, my point is, fuckit, youre totally tighter than Joe C

secondly, im starting to think your existence is somehow related to the lincoln assassination. come to think of it...dont you drive a ford truck - the very NAME of the theater lincoln was shot in!!!(duhn, duhn, duhn)!

tommy o said...

I have long thought I am tied to some strange, soon-to-be-historical event.

Consider: I was born the same day as:

The day Leonardo Da Vinci was born.
The day Lincoln died.
The day the Titanic sunk.
The day Jackie Robinson debuted with the Brooklyn Dodgers.
The day Pol Pot died.
Tax day.

Among other things. Check this out, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_15

That's a lot of crazy shit!