Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Thinks I Think

  • Dr. Seuss might be my favorite author. And, yet, I feel like I could write those in my sleep.
  • Los Angeles isn't as bad as I thought it was. I guess it depends on the company you keep.
  • I miss Todd Packer on The Office
  • My fantasy baseball team is suddenly struggling. Not good times.
  • School loans are NOT sweet.
  • Whoever gave the greenlight to "The Bill Engvall Show" that I keep seeing commercials for should be fired. By a firing squad.
  • It really bugs me when people use the word "nite" - it can't possibly be correct. Why is it accepted?
  • You know it's bad when you side with PETA - Why DO jockeys still whip racehorses?
  • And why can't they figure out how to save horses that break their legs instead of just euthanizing them?
  • How long do you suppose it takes to break in a pair of new basketball shoes? The blister (really, it's now an open wound) on my toe really hurts.
  • I'd like a daily massage. Just putting it out there.
  • Hillary Clinton is a selfish bitch. I was kind of neutral on her before. No longer!
  • Dude. Seriously. Chicken salad? So damn tasty.
  • I don't care what you say, Jeff. I think Andy Bernard is funnier than Michael Scott.
  • But Dwight is the funniest of all.
  • The Epic Question of Our Age: Robin or Lily? I'm not into redheads, but Lily almost makes me choose her. Robin is sometimes bloated or something. I'd go with Stella over either of them, but I guess I'll maintain my longtime redheadhatred and go Robin.
  • Indiana Jones - if you didn't like it, I don't like you. Not really. But I don't get it. Look, have you SEEN the old Indiana Jones movies in the last fifteen years? They are cheezy and they have horrible dialogue, "I HATE snakes!" "No time for love, Dr. Jones!" etc. etc. They are hokey. George Lucas has got to be one of the worst dialogue writers of all time The Stars Wars films have absolutely terrible dialgoue. But we saw them when we were 8, and we loved them, because they were fun films. If you can't go to see the new Indiana Jones and pretend like you are eight years old again, I feel sorry for you. I had a blast, personally.
  • I try and get into soccer, I really do. I want to like it. I especially want to like international soccer...I like the passion and nationalism involved. So yesterday I decide to watch the U.S. play England. What happens? The same thing that happens every time I watch the U.S. soccer team play (at least, every time since the 2002 World Cup) - they play lazily and get their asses handed to them 2-0. It should have been like 6-0.
  • Why can't I shake the feeling that Hillary Clinton is going to somehow connive her way into the nomination? This Florida/Michigan shit is getting ridiculous.
  • On my dentist's recommendation, I flossed today. Ow. My gums are all sore.
  • Seriously, have these been the worst NBA Playoffs in recent memory? What a letdown. I thought the West playoffs, especially, would be EPIC. Instead, we've had like 2 good games. There have been very few close games. And other than the first day of the playoffs with that double-overtime game between the Suns and Spurs (which I didn't even get to see because I was at a wedding), there has not been a single "one-for-the-ages" type game. The media tried to play up last night's Celtics/Pistons game. Sorry. That game sucked.
  • Alright. The album "In Our Bedroom After the War" by Stars is one of the best albums I've ever heard. I can't get enough of it. No homo.
  • CBS is showing How I Met Your Mother twice a week this summer, starting with the beginning of Season 2, to try and build the fanbase. I like that. I wish they'd start with Season 1 and go 3 times a week, though. Season 1 is one of the greatest season's in TV history. Yes, I said that.
  • One thing I always liked about sports was the descriptive terminology. For example, a wounded duck in football. What a perfect way to describe the thing it describes.
  • Crap. I have been neglecting the book I'm reading, even though it is very good.
  • Hey did you hear? The LOST season finale is tonight! Aren't you excited??? Yeah, me neither.
  • Just for kicks: "It's a Wonderful Life" - and it is!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

...and it IS!

Lisa said...

also, i TRULY hate the use of "nite," but can somewhat stomach it when it's used in the context of "Nite nite," though my fingers struggle to produce the words. My mom uses nite, tonite, goodnite... it's horrible because i love her, but i hate her terrible spelling. love the sinner, not the sin, right?

Nob Hill Forreal said...

andy is soooo not funnier than michael, and How I Met Your Mother - really?
Bold statements Mr. O'Brien.

ps. I still think Hillary is gonna pull something, possibly reveal she is crab-people.