Friday, March 21, 2008

Beauty Tips Needed

But, Thomas, you're so handsome, you're thinking. This is true. You are not mistaken. However, I have a specific beauty tip I am in need of.

About a year ago, I made a lifestyle change. I resolved myself to stop biting my fingernails. A nasty habit, to be sure. And not the least bit attractive when you have fingernails bitten down to the quick. Painful, too! I quit cold-turkey, so to speak. However, there is an issue.

I'm not sure if it's from years of biting my nails (that doesn't make too much sense but whatever), but I have weak ass fingernails! I've seen other people's...mine are very thin in comparison. So they break ALL THE TIME. I can catch the corner on my t-shirt and it splits. Horizontally. So then I have to cut the damn thing way short to ensure it doesn't split downward (it's sort of like a windshield crack, no?), which sort of defeats the purpose of growing them out. And they're not THAT long, either.

I don't think many people read this, but can anyone tell me what I can do to stop this shit from happening? I searched the internet and only found stuff about vertical splits, which I do not suffer from.

Sorry for the half-assed (and vaguely to terribly metrosexual) post, loyal reader(s). I just need some help!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Dude, maybe you should try a multivitamin. I know when Abby was pregnant she's forced to take a daily multivitamin and because of this (and maybe some other reasons) her hair was stronger and more shiny, nails were stronger and healthier, etc. I don't know if it'd help or not but certainly worth the try.

Jim said...

Oh and I talked to Abby she said that you can get clear nail polish which is specifically designed for strengthening your nails. I know this may be a little strange but hey if your serious about it then might be worth it.

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Nail Strengthener, Clear.
Helps strengthen nails
Problem nails?
Helps prevent chipping, splitting, cracking
The nail clinic in a bottle
Salon tested
Dermatologist tested
Want longer, stronger, more beautiful nails?
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails is your solution
Hard As Nails gives nails a hard, smooth, chip-resistant surface that helps strengthen and support nails
Nail edges are sealed for added protection against chipping, cracking and splitting
Hard As Nails gives nails the long-lasting protection they need to help them grow
Made in USA