Friday, March 7, 2008

So...I'm an Uncle

It's pretty rad. Ok, so I haven't really done anything besides hold her for a few minutes (I was responsible and washed my hands first!) and give her little forehead kisses and say "ew" at her umbilical cord nub. But still. It's pretty cool.

The sister-in-law seems in good spirits. She didn't freak out when she handed the baby to me. She didn't seem stressed as I poked and prodded. She'll be a good mom. The Big Bro seems a little uneasy underneath. He's putting on a smiling facade, but I can tell he's uneasy. He has two good role-models, though, and I'm sure he'll be fine.

When we first found out the baby was a girl, I was a tad disappointed. I really wanted a nephew that I could teach how to throw a spiral and shoot a jumper, and block his shot every time he tried to score on me.

But she's pretty much perfect and now I could not care less. Besides, I realized when I was holding her, there's not a whole heck of a lot you can do with a baby, as an uncle, for a few years. Especially now. She just kinda lays there. In a cute way.


4 comments:

Lisa said...

girls rule. boys drule.

tommy o said...

drule, huh?

Lisa said...

yeah. deal.

Nob Hill Forreal said...

i thought about saying something also...thought it might be some new hip LA slang that i didnt know about.